Ispend more time than I care to admit at June & Ho. The obsession started back in 2005 when I was living in downtown Rye, NY and could walk there. They have known me by name ever since and the obsession is still going strong in 2018. The place hasn’t changed in the least since the first time I walked through the doors. But that should tell you something- they have a good thing going.
June and Ho specializes in speciality sandwiches, homemade soups, and high quality, pre-made foods. The homemade dishes line almost the full length of the store offering everything from Beef Bourguignon to Edamame Salad and everything in between. Although I cook most of my food from scratch, I definitely take advantage of the prepared foods by June & Ho when I am in a pinch or on the run.I shop here at a minimum once a week and my basket is typically full of fresh produce, fresh herbs, a container of ratatouille from behind the counter, fresh made English muffins, a few containers of soup, and whatever else looks good that day. They also serve great coffee, and I rarely leave without ordering one.
Above all else, what I love the most about June & Ho is that I can walk into this one place and get everything I need to turn around a simple, or a special occassion meal, in one stop. Yes, I pay for the convenience. But I’m okay with it because I know I can trust the food that I am buying and I am glad to be supporting a local small business that consistently delivers on quality. It’s hard to find any place that delivers as consistently as June & Ho.
- Fresh Produce & Herbs: The produce here is always fresh and the herbs are well packaged.
- Fresh Fish: June & Ho has an impressive selection of fresh fish.
- Prepared Foods: Great for homemade style foods when you can’t cook yourself.
- Speciality Items: You can find delicious treats from all over the world that you can’t find in a traditional food store. Everything from a selection of caviar and truffles to sauces and dips.
- Fresh baked bread and bakery items: Baked on premises, you can pick up a fresh baguette and a homemade dessert.
Visit June & Ho at:
70 Purchase Street
Rye, NY 10580