The Best Restaurants in Westchester NY & Greenwich CT (according to me!)
Since I was a kid you could bribe me with taking me out to dinner! It’s still true today! I love a good meal that is served up to me in a social setting that transport me somewhere for just a few hours. Some might say I am a creature of habit, and that is partially true. But the truth is, I hate settling for less than the best when it comes to food. When it comes to the best, this is an incomplete list of my favorite, most frequented haunts.
I eat at Fortina (Rye Brook location) at least once a week and I never get tired of it.
The mistake people make here is thinking of it as a pizza place. While their pizza is good, the vegetables, pasta & proteins are where it’s really at!
- Fire Roasted Chicken Scarpiello– BEST Scarp I’ve ever & what we order most often.
- Mozz Sticks– Smoky, gooey and beyond craveable.
- Bucatini with Clams– Not to be missed
- Chicken Parm – Like no other
- All the Vegetables– You won’t believe how good the veggies are here. You really won’t.
Hinoki is known for tapas-style Asian food meaning its great to go with 2-4 others so you can taste a few things. It’s not cheap, but we’re talking about the food, not the price here. Reservations are a must.
- King Crab Truffle Rice Pot– Like Risotto, but better!
- Dim Sum– I love dumplings and no one ever does them well. Game changer!
- Sushi/ Sashimi / Rolls– While all good, the rest of the menu is really more exciting and full of flavor that shouldn’t be missed.
Louie’s Italian Restaurant in Cos Cob, CT is a reliable, cozy place to get a good glass of wine and classic Italian meal. Location
The bar room is my favorite as it reminds of an “old school” Italian restaurant with their classic bar stools, menu written on the mirror and traditional pizzeria style chairs. The dinner room is more formal for another option.
- Chicken Parmesan– Pounded thin and mothered in cheese. Served with Capellini.
- Baked Clams– Littleneck clams baked with breadcrumbs, butter and garlic.
- Penne Vodka- Served with a twist using Crumbled Sausage. You’ll scrape your plate.
- Lobster Ravioli- Craveable.