I love Bloody Marys. That's all.T
here are few things in life that I enjoy as much as sipping on a well made Bloody Mary. They are refreshing and reviving. Perhaps that is why they are often linked to curing hangovers!
For me, it is much more than a beverage you drink to shake off the night before. The Bloody Mary is a culinary art form, often referred to as ‘The world’s most complex cocktail.’ It’s all about seasoning, balance, consistency and finishing touches like quality garnish- no matter how simple.
I love them so much, I made an app!
And a "How To" video!
In this video, my partner in crime, Brett, shows us how easy it is to make your own Bloody Mary at home. There are some really good mixes out there (and also some really bad ones!) but I still like to make my own from scratch when I can.
Why did I do all that?
The sad truth is that very few establishments know how to make a good Bloody Mary. It’s unfortunate because more often than not, it’s the great swing in flavor and consistency from one Bloody to the next that turns people off- for good.
Personally, when I get a bad Bloody Mary- I don’t get turned off, I just get really sad. I’m sad because it is completely avoidable and with a little care, Bloody drinkers can rejoice!
And let’s get real, in today’s day and age of $12 -$15 cocktails–am I wrong to expect to enjoy my drink? I think not.
Enough with serving us cheap mixes, slopping a lemon on the side and sending us the bill. It’s time for Bloody Mary lovers to unite and demand a good drink! That’s why I created an app to find great Bloody Marys!
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka I like to eye this depending on the morning 🙂
- 3 ounces Sacramento tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Pickle Juice or Clam juice
- Hot Sauce to taste Not Tabasco- I said Hot Sauce!
- A pinch of fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp tablespoon prepared horseradish I like Gold's brand
- Celery salt
- Lime wedge
- Celery sticks
- Hot pickled green bean
- Combine the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, fresh pepper, clam or pickle juice, horseradish and hot sauce in a glass. Add your tomato juice and stir. Add the Vodka. Mix together by pouring it into a mason jar, back and forth, and back again.
- Pour the celery salt onto a small plate. Rim the top of the mason jar with a lemon wedge and dip the jar upside downit into the celery salt to create a seasoned rim.
- Now Fill the jar with ice, and pour your bloody mary mix over the ice.
- Garnish as dynamically as you like. Cheers!