I don’t have too much to say about this new breakfast addition in our household other than that I have made it the last 3 weekends in a row and I think that says enough!
It is great for a brunch, a snowy morning or for when you have company. It certainly isn’t the healthiest of breakfasts so I like to serve it alongside some fresh fruit to lighten it up. But it’s tater tots for breakfast! And after all, who doesn’t love tater tots? It’s a guaranteed hit for breakfast lovers of all ages.
It is so easy, fun and completely customizable to your taste! To give you some ideas, so far I have made:
- Sausage, mushroom, onion and fontina cheese
- Ham, mushroom and swiss cheese
- Spinach, mushroom, onion and cheddar cheese
This recipe serves 6 people.
Serve with your favorite Hot sauce on the side for an added layer of flavor and spice
- 3 cups cooked tater tots
- 1/2 -3/4 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 5 breakfast sausage links- cooked and sliced or diced.
- Half of a large white onion sliced and sautéed.
- 8-9 large eggs- beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional, but it helps it fluff.
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley optional
- salt & pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pyrex dish.
Toss the cooked tater tots with a pinch of salt & pepper for seasoning. Spread them out in a single uniform layer out on the bottom of the dish and lightly press them with the back of a spatula.
Mix the heavy cream into the beaten eggs. Season well with Salt & pepper. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, the sausage & onions and pour mixture over the tater tots.
Top with the remaining cheese and parsley. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through.