Tastes like summer
love most vegetables…corn is not one of them! I think it’s over used, always over cooked (but that’s a subject for a whole other post!) and makes a mess! However, this corn salad is a staple when we bbq, attend a picnic or just want a break from the standard summer pasta salads – it’s my go-to summer salad recipe and I just love it! In recognition of this Labor Day weekend and all the Backyard BBQ’s and boating trips we will all be enjoying, I wanted to share this simple, delicious recipe with you! It’s sure to hit the spot!
Corn and Basil salad is the perfect side dish for a your next barbecue
- 5 ears of corn shucked clean
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone. Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- Mix together in small bowl vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Gently combine kernels with the vinaigrette.
- Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.