Summer seems to have finally arrived and I for one, have welcomed it with open arms- and an grill!
BBQ’s are always the same old thing no matter the crowd – hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and pickles… perhaps an occasional potato salad. I am so bored with this! (Don’t lie- I know you are too.) I’ve had enough with classic BBQ fare. BBQ’s can be so much more creative and delicious- there’s just no reason not to people! I know it’s an American tradition to grill up those processed dogs made from things you can’t even imagine so you choose not to think about it, and then throw them on a bun. But it doesn’t have to be this way! I am determined to take take it up a notch this year. Take the BBQ challenge with me and ditch the dogs this summer and skewer up some shrimp!
A few ideas
- BBQ sauce marinated chicken breasts
- Grilled zucchini with garlic, chili pepper, evoo, salt & pepper
- Grilled eggplant with balsamic drizzle
- Grilled Portobellos with honey and Worcestershire
- Grilled Asparagus with evoo, salt, pepper and lemon
- BBQ shrimp kabobs
- Teriyaki Marinated flank steak
- BBQ basted salmon
- grilled mahi mahi on a roll
- Grilled tomatoes