Make Ahead Breakfast!
It wasn’t too long ago that I had friends coming in from out of town and I was planning a simple brunch for us to enjoy at home. While doing the shopping, I came across individual frittatas begin sold in a disposable muffin tin for a price too high to believe! This is what inspired this make ahead breakfast idea and ever since that first try, I have been hooked on making my own egg muffins, or more eloquently named, individual egg frittatas.
The flavor combinations are endless. Here is a list of some of my “go-to” combinations.
- Spinach, tomato and feta
- Ham, caramelized onion and swiss
- Mushroom, spinach and gruyere
- Bacon, potato and cheddar
- Broccoli & cheddar
The thing I love about making individual egg frittatas is that you can make several days worth at once and just simply reheat as needed. Of course you can reheat in the microwave, however I prefer them reheated them in the convection oven at 350 for about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Save yourself the time and frustration and learn from my mistakes – use a silicone muffin pan to bake these in to prevent them from sticking and breaking the frittata.
Using a silicone muffin tray works like a dream and the egg never sticks to the pan. They pop right out!
- These individual egg frittatas are great for kids and adults and can even be eaten on the go.
- I especially make these when I know I have a busy work week so I have no excuse not to eat a homemade breakfast.